Where is the Save button in Luminar 2018 for Windows?
It will be added in mid-December free update.
How to change Luminar 2018 language to English?
For now Luminar 2018 works in the language of your system. Once you switch your OS preferences to English as your primary language and restart your computer, language of Luminar 2018 will change accordingly.
How do I activate Luminar 2018?
1. Launch Luminar 2018.
2. Click "Activate" on the welcome screen and enter your email + activation code.
Once you’re done activating your new software, take an extra minute to set up your very own My Macphun Account here: https://macphun.com/user/signup. Thereafter, you’ll be able to to access your license keys and download links for your Macphun software, plus enter photo contests and view exclusive videos.
Where can I download Luminar 2018?
If for some reason you didn’t receive an e-mail with the download link, you may alway download the trial version on https://macphun.com/luminar and activate it with your e-mail and activation code.
I’ve purchased Luminar 2018. However, it is not showed in my Macphun Account.
Please note that Luminar 2018 will appear in My Software section of your Macphun Account only after you activate it with your license key and the e-mail you’ve used to create your Macphun Account. If that is not the case, you’re welcome to reach our support team: https://macphun.com/support
How do I manually check for updates?
Luminar 2018 is designed to receive all free software updates automatically. However, if for some reason this doesn't occur, or you want to make sure you're using the latest version, simply go to Help menu > Check for updates.
What is the schedule of feature updates you are planning to add to the Windows version of Luminar 2018 soon?
November 24 update:
- Luminosity Mask
- Image Resize & Sharpen on Export
- Improved Hotkeys support
- Improved RAW opening & processing
- RAW support for more cameras, including Nikon D850
- Fixed bug when launching Photoshop with a blank image
- PLUS: Improved performance and fixes for a number of reported bugs, including: fixed issue with LowRes image preview on layers with masks;
- Fixed progress bar for opening images.
- Work faster. Luminar can now launch more quickly. Plus you’ll see a faster-editing performance and better RAM usage.
- Save Native files. Be sure to save your editing projects in the new native Luminar format. This makes it easy to come back and edit later. Plus files can be shared between Mac and Windows users.
- Clone & Stamp released. Remove objects and blemishes with ease!
- LUT Mapping. Any LUT you’ve chosen can now be stored to a preset with no need to link to the original .cube file.
- More export control. You can choose to export to the Adobe RGB wide color profile or the ProPhoto space on export. You can also sharpen an exported file which is great for printing.
- Better masking controls. Users can adjust both the feather and density controls on a mask to refine the blending of layers. When editing a mask, a user can also press the X hotkey to toggle between Paint/Erase brush mode.
- More editing control. Now even more raw formats can be edited natively with our RAW Develop filter. All filters also support advanced blending mode options as well.
- New Cameras Added. The following new cameras are supported by this recent update: Canon EOS M100, Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III, Google Pixel 2, Google Pixel 2 XL, GoPro FUSION, GoPro HERO6 Black, Hasselblad A6D-100c Leica CL, Light L16, Panasonic LUMIX DC-G9, Sony RX10 IV (DSC-RX10M4),Sony A7R III (ILCE-7RM3).
- Batch processing
- Transform tool
- Rotate & Flip tool
- Merge layers & stamped layers
- Export to editing apps, including Photoshop
Can I batch process my photos in Luminar 2018?
The Batch Processing will be added to the Windows version in the near future and will be a free update to owners. Luminar 2018 will update automatically once the update is ready.
How do I install Luminar 2018 as a plug-in?
To install Luminar 2018 as a plug-in, launch the application as a standalone and open any image.
Then click on File > Install Plug-ins... In the resulting dialog box, click on the Install button to the left of your desired host applications. If the dialog box indicates that a host application is not yet installed, use the Browse button to locate .exe Photoshop/Lightroom file and install the the desired host application. Then, repeat the step above to install the plugin.
How do I export a photo from my Lightroom library to Luminar 2018?
First of all, please make sure that you have installed the plug-in for Lightroom and restarted Lightroom.
Choose your image in Lightroom that you want to work on with Luminar 2018 and Right click with your mouse to view the context sensitive menu. Select Export > Export to Luminar 2018. You have the option to choose the Open Source Files menu item or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like Luminar 2018 to utilize, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjusters menu item.
How do I edit a picture in Luminar 2018 while running Adobe Photoshop?
First of all, please make sure that you have installed the plug-in for Photoshop and restarted Photoshop.
To use the software with Photoshop, you’ll need to have a file opened already and choose the Filter > Macphun Software > Luminar 2018... menu to begin. Luminar 2018 will launch as a plug-in with the current image loaded.
How do I install presets?
Launch the standalone version of Luminar 2018 and open any image. Then click the File menu > Add Custom Preset Pack.
How do I create my own preset?
After applying the adjustments you would like to be saved as a custom preset, simply choose Filters menu > Create Preset… or click on the Save Filters Preset button as shown on the screenshot below:
You’ll be able to name your preset and it will appear in the User Presets category.
Can I erase unwanted objects from the photo in Luminar?
Yes, you can erase unwanted objects from your photos. Simply choose Tools drop-down menu > Erase and use the brush to mark those items you’d like erased.
Clone&Stamp tool will be added to the Windows version of Luminar 2018 in the near future and will be a free update to owners. Luminar 2018 will update automatically once the update is ready.
How do I open a LUT file in Luminar 2018 on Windows?
Launch the app and open any image. Click on the Add Filters button and locate the LUT Mapping filter from the list. Click on it to add it to the current Workspace, then click on the Choose LUT > Load Custom LUT file.. in the filter and select the LUT you’d like to use.
How do I save my picture in Luminar 2018?
To save a picture in Luminar 2018, click on the Save & Share button in the upper right corner of the Luminar window or click on the File menu > Export… Either will offer a number of export preferences (name, location, color space, format, etc) from which you can choose. Click Export to save your picture.